Photobackpacker is retiring...

DB_Gallery

The owner of the Photobackpacker / Renaissance Photo Tech product line is closing shop after a ten year run in order to retire. I recently

invested in a rather expansive and comprehensive kit for my 4x5 equipment and I have to say the stuff is brilliant. The P3 pack is about

as comfortable a pack as any I have ever used, certainly far more than a photo-brand pack. The backerboards, lens and camera cases

are super light and work incredibly well with each other and even other packs as a system and the cascading film holder cases are

marvelous to work with in the field.

Simply put, the system he is selling that can be used with a lot of formats is in another league.

There is a thread in the "Gear" section of Large Format Forum that spells it all out and even gives a discount code. I not sure what all he

has left in stock but it is well worth the money if you are looking for a great way to just more than carry a few bits of gear.

It's amazing stuff!

http://www.photobackpacker.com/

<p>Sorry to hear this. I'm also feeling very fortunate to have made a very recent purchase of a P-3 backpack plus camera insert, several lens inserts, side pockets, and two "Cascade" film packs for 5x7 holders.</p>

<p>I just spent 10 days trekking about an island off the Maine coast with this system - and I must say that it is brilliant...not just in that the weight I carry suddenly feels much more comfortable, but also in that my workflow now feels more organized and linear. And as a large format landscape photographer pushing 60 - every bit of comfort and organization helps!</p>

<p>I highly recommend to folks who've been thinking about this system to think, and act, quickly!</p>

<p> </p>