photo transfer on to gold leaf

<p>I am experimenting with photo transfers . I print 11x17 portions of a 55 x 34 inch upsized image, reverse the image and glue to a white board with gold leaf ansd then wet the paper and remove all of it by ruibbing tilll all the ink is now on the gold showing thrui in light spots., however I am having truble getting the rrich coilor of the original prints I jigsaw on to the board.<br>

does anyone know of the best glue to use to put the print on fce down? <br>

any process suggestions for this experiment>?<br>

jerry in toronto</p>

<p>There are a lot of techniques for photo transfer, and one of them is using print film. There's LazerTran which has water slide decals, transfer papers, and so on at lazertran.com, there's DASS print film which transfers to a variety of media at digitalartseminars.com and lhotka.com, and there's Arista and PictoRico print films available at Freestyle, which is cheaper than the first two and transfers nearly as well. They can all yield pretty rich results.<br>

You can also print directly on a film of acrylic with digital grounds such as Golden, available at danielsmith.com, and inkAid, available at inkaid.com, and lay the acrylic on your gold leaf. Easier yet is to put a layer of acrylic medium, such as Golden's Soft Gel (nothing too runny) on your gold leaf, make your print on silicon-impregnated baking parchment, available at Michael's art supply stores, lay it on the wet medium and rub it in. The ink transfers in a few minutes and you can then peel the parchment off. The parchment itself doesn't look particularly saturated when you print it, but it transfers surprisingly well.<br>

It takes some fussing to get the print density right, and if you don't have a very even application and even consistency of medium, there's the problem of lifts--areas where the transfer magic doesn't happen. Fuss, fuss, fuss . . .</p>