Photo size for web

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the ideal size for a vertical portrait

on the web. I have tried a bunch of different sizes but they look long and un-

naturally drawn out. My horizontal photos are great but whenver i take a

verticle photo it turns out really weird.

Can someone tell me the best dimension for a vertical portrait that i will put

on the web.

Many thank

That's because our screens are landscape, with 16:9 coming into fashion. A centered vertical photo does not look good there. Better would be offscreen with text on the right or left to balance. You cannot count on screens higher than 768 pixels (very few use even 800x600). Even if people found the F11 key, you should not exceed 700 pixels.

I do fashion. 72 dpi no matter what size you make the photo. I use, for the web height 7 in and let the length defalt. Then I go into file save for Web and It asks me at what level I put the max. then without hitting ok look around there will be a percentage that you can enter in leave it at 100% to start. Look directly under the photo there is a little icon (easy to miss) that is a picture of the world if you click on it, it will pop up your photo on the web and show you what it will look like. If it is to big or to small simply reduce the 100% untill you reach the desired size. I use different sizes all the time and apply them this way all the time works great need any more help just ask. Hope I was of help and clear.<div>00LtVq-37502284.jpg.c1fde60d5de55036580ecd9d8d1ea5a6.jpg</div>