photo sites

<p>I love this site. But I have noticed that many of the more interesting menbers have disappeared. The result is that the discussions on the forums are not as interesting as they were. Does anyone know of any other good photo sites?</p>

<p>Don't ask me. I was on Pop Photo's forum for eight years and left it and came here. Pop had the same problem with good members coming and going. I think that's a common problem with forums in general. I like this forum for several reasons. It has very knowledgable members. Members are respectful of one another and can disagree without acrimony. It has an Off Topic Forum.</p>

<p>I find that when my usual PN forums get a bit stale I can cruise the other forums and get hooked on them awhile. I was a Medium Format forum addict for a very long time and would jump back and forth between it and Classic Cameras. When Gene M slowed down his Found Film threads I just so happened to pick up a Pentax and began spending time there. Have to say the Pentax forum is probably the best forum on this site. Love the people in there and it's a great atmosphere.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Maybe folks get tired of "What lens?" "What camera?" "Which is better...Nikon or Canon?"....etc., etc., etc.,...<br>

But... that's the same on any forum.<br>

Also.. the anonymity of forums lets some folks get pretty fired up ...it's not hard to get 'put down' if your skin is thin...<br>

Or... maybe life just moves people around....</p>