I'm in Muenchen on Saturday and may spend some time shoping for photo

gear. <BR>

I'm mostly interested in vintage stuff (Ihagee - Exakta), but a nicely

priced filter or simmilar would be handy too. I also need a B&W

developer, as local suply of Ilford soups ran out and there allegedly

won't be a new one till September.

<BR>

<BR>

Can somebody please recommend me a shop or two in Muenchen's city centre.

<BR>

<BR>

Thank you,

<BR>

<BR>

Miha

These shops will have what you are looking for:

<p>

1. Foto Sauter, Sonnenstrasse / Sendlinger Tor, www.foto-sauter.de: Lots of new stuff and a good assorted used display

<br>

2. Secondhandcamera, Klenzestraߥ 45 * 80469 M�nchen, www.secondhandcamera.de: large dealer of used stuff, mainly over the internet, but also on place to look at

<br>

3. Foto Wiener, Landwehrstraߥ 12, 80336 M�nchen, no web site: Great repair guy for classic cameras, worth a visit, but open only from 12-14 on saturdays

<p>

There are lots of other places, one small on the back of the townhall, one on the left side opposite of the town hall and some in the triangle between Karlsplatz, Marienplatz and Sendlinger Tor. See also <a href="http://www.jobo.com/jobolab/haendler_digital.php"> jobo.com </a> for a traders list of Jobo dealers - some of them like Photo Schilo have also used gear. Exakta stuff should be there quite a lot, and used filters as well.

<p>

If you need more information, contact me via mail.

I have not been in Munich for a while. But it seems as if Secondhandcamera buys out more and more of the former independent shops in Munich and dominates the used equipment market there.

There is a small independent shop on Josephspitalstrasse 2 (right on one of the corners):

www.photo-bazar.de

However, Munich is everything but a cheap place to go shopping, so don't expect bargain prices.

Currently there is holiday season in Germany, there will be no camera fairs around Munich until september or so.

Winfried is right, Munich is not the cheapest place. I did not recommend the Bazar since it is a kind of rip-off, they sell non-working lenses overpriced (but did at least exchange it for another bit of overpriced equipment). Secondhandcamera has been dominating, but is currently doing almost all of its business over the internet.

<p>

Foto Wiener is nice for spare parts or a talk, Mr. Wiener himself uses a Hexar RF with a 35 'lux if I am correct and likes Leicas and 'flexes (on which he does great work amongst other cameras - for reasonable prices). The best prices can be found at Foto Sauter - there one can find real bargains and the average price is not too high - even compared to US prices. Of course it is not KEH, but not bad either.

<p>

Be sure to take some time after your shopping and drop into one of the beer gardens - my favorite is the Hofbraeukeller at the Wiener Platz, although there are lots of other nice ones as well.

<p>

Mike, if you need some travelling directions which are not exclusively standard tourist tours please LMK since I spend the last years in Munich (and now moved 'down' to Switzerland).<div>00D7A9-25025084.jpg.e0597e5499f85eb22dc456deaf1f5e40.jpg</div>

Thank you very much for your kind answers!

I'm picking a friend (I owe him a big favour) at Muenchen airport in the morning and my girlfriend has asked to come along for a shopping trip (...). I actually don't need any additional photo gear, but as you all probably know, walking around shops is always tempting.

Best regards,

Miha