Photo ops near Chadds Ford, Pa.?

gary_anthes

<p>

<p>I live in the next town over. Phil has great suggestions. I was at Longwood last weekend and the tulips were blindingly colorful. I'd add White Clay State Park, Brandywine Creek State Park and Winterthur Gardens. If you like rolling hills travel Rt 82 from Unionville towards Coatsville. Get a Delorme Atlas so as not to get lost on the back roads. When will you be in the area? There is a polo match every sunday at the Brandywine Polo Club which is just behind Toughkenamon. But the first match isn't until the end of May. <br>

pat</p>

</p>

<p>I third White Clay State Park, Brandywine Creek State Park, Winterthur Gardens, Longwood Gardens. If you are willing to go a bit even further south, Lums Pond State Park works too, and a bit southwest there is Elk Neck State Park in MD.<br /> At Brandywine Creek, there are 4 fox kits in a very well lit location, and 20 feet away they still play outside.<br /> In Lums Pond white egrets, blue herons are abound. With all the leftover orchard trees blooming bees, wasps and alike are abuzz. I walked up to a rabbit 5 feet.<br /> White Clay Creek has some hidden gems of flowers and discarded, rusty farm equipment in the woods.<br>

All my pictures are from the above locations.</p><div>00TDze-130271584.jpg.964cdf2826a08cfe7742ff100aee004a.jpg</div>

<p>I agree with all the suggestions above. Anywhere along the Brandywine, Routes 100 and 82 will give you plenty of opportunuities. Just west of Longwood, Kenneth Square has some interesting Victorian houses (and a few good restaurants).</p>

<p>Elk Neck SP in MD is a great idea. I used to get there from Amishland, so wasn't sure how much a trip it was from Chadd's Ford. Stop in North East to check out the antiques, and, as long as you're there, go a little farther towads Havre de Grace. Don't miss the eagles and Conowingo Reservoir on your way.</p>

<p>Aren't there some bird sanctuarys in the other direction, towards Philly?</p>

I grew up in Hockessin, DE but things have changed alot there since the '60's and not for the better. That said there are still swaths of beautiful land in the Hockessin (Ashland Nature Center is nice), Yorklyn (nice old train tracks and creek) Centerville, Kennett Square, Chadds Ford area. If you have time Rtes 82 and 100 have some beautiful stretches particularly this time of year, also Snuff Mill Rd, Ashland Clinton Rd. Basically if you have time to drive and explore in that general area it can be quite pretty.

The photo below is a repost of a Hockessin barn with fireflies circa 1978 (?)<div>00TEJG-130431584.jpg.935ec165fd7a11239ef83d92fdb7ce55.jpg</div>

Test