Photo.net sponsored equipment insurance

opphoto

Hello all,

I'm new to this board and didn't see any recent discussion regarding equipment

and liability insurance policies. I'm considering the Photo.net sponsored

insurance and would be interested in hearing your comments regarding this or

other insurance providers. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oscar

Yes, I work here. So take what I say with a grain of salt if you have to.

The policy that the PN sponsored company provides looks to be virtually the same as the policy I have through Travelers. Given the anecdotal reports I have heard, their prices seem to be a bit cheaper as well. So why haven't I switched? Because I'm lazy. Lazy and busy.

Careful, homeowners policies have made several changes in the past few years. Photography Equipment has taken the hit on Homeowners policies. I would contact your agent and ask if your equipment is covered or if you can schedule it. The other problem you have is your homeowners liability will not normally extend to your business. Again, I am not an expert but check with your agent, ask specific questions, assuming gets expensive if there is a loss that isn't covered. I recently had those same conversations with my agent.

I JUST (as in 5 hours ago) signed up here to be a member. I signed up because I want to contribute and think this is a great place to talk about photography and I have already made back (the $25) in knowledge by just meeting one of the many contributors here on photo.net.

I also at the same time got the insurance from here. I had quotes for the same coverage for at least $200 MORE than the provided ones here so that too made worth signing up.

I wish they had $2m in coverage but I can probably get away with 1 for now (I am small time :) )

Ryan

I to am interested in photonets insurance program and tried calling the company but they were closed when they should have been open. I was wondering about street crime and acidental breakage and I would like feedback from other members on how has this insurance has worked for them. Thanks