Photo.net Spam Email

puz

Hi all,

I've just received an email from Photo.net for Confirmation and receipt for Premium Membership which will renew on 10/1/17.

Considering I don't have premium membership or my account detail and the site says nothing of the sort I considered it as Spam but it still had my full name and email address which made me look at it twice.

The email address it came from is [photo @ sudjam . com]

So I've changed my password as a precaution but just posting here to see if anyone else has had something similar.

Cheers

Edited by William Michael
  • Like 2

I received the mail on my Iphone, at first sight it looked pretty real to me. If you click on the word "here" it links to udeth.com, and then a zip file shows up, PhotoNet_Me....Info.HTML.zip.

that's enough for me.... :)

edit, too late... poster above me was quicker.

• Like 1

Got the same SPAM. Actually, I got two emails. One with an attachment that I certainly will not open. And another with a link that's obviously a phishing attempt (points to a zip file on udeth.com; probably the same zip file that's attached to the first email). Certainly won't click on any link in that email.

What's disconcerting the most is that those emails are to my email address on file at PN; I thought that info was not publicly available.

• Like 1

Got the same SPAM. Actually, I got two emails. One with an attachment that I certainly will not open. And another with a link that's obviously a phishing attempt (points to a zip file on udeth.com; probably the same zip file that's attached to the first email). Certainly won't click on any link in that email.

What's disconcerting the most is that those emails are to my email address on file at PN; I thought that info was not publicly available.

I've just received the 2nd email with the zip file attached now..

From [info @ vallasvuo . fi] this time, I assume it'll be random for everyone else... Deleted.

Ironically this is probably the busiest Photo.net has been for a while due to a Phishing attack on the membership data.. ;)

Edited by William Michael
  • Like 2

Can anyone from the site confirm this is spam and no one is going to get charged anything? I only clicked the photo.net link which takes to to the main site so should be safe in that sense, but I just wanted to make sure as I can't find any way to stop this on my account, or any card details stored. I haven't been using the site much!

90%+ of all the email I get is spam/phishing

I feel left out - I get no spam at all, except for offers of cat food at a reduced price (but I don't have a cat !). I don't even get the obligatory ones about a French Hotel (Paris Hilton) and unguents to prevent my trousers fitting properly (use your imagination!).

I got it and I've been looking through photo.net web site to find a place to report it. I haven't been able to find anywhere. Most companies have an address that you can forward this sort of thing to so that they can investigate. Says my account will be billed. I don't think I've ever given photo.net any payment info, but still it's disconcerting. Changing PW now. Hope someone with the company sees this discussion and investigates.

I got it and I've been looking through photo.net web site to find a place to report it. I haven't been able to find anywhere. Most companies have an address that you can forward this sort of thing to so that they can investigate. Says my account will be billed. I don't think I've ever given photo.net any payment info, but still it's disconcerting. Changing PW now. Hope someone with the company sees this discussion and investigates.

We are investigating but obviously (at this point) that email is not from us - there are already a number of active threads on this subject - but first and foremost (might go without saying but will anyway) do not click on any of the links in the suspicious email. It is a Chinese domain udeth.com at the center of this - our investigation continues.

Whois udeth.com

I have edited two comments in this thread: the edit comprised re-arranging the email addresses in Post #1 and Post #9 such that they are no longer LIVE LINKS.

I suggest that future respondents do the same if they wish to provide that type of information about SPAM.

Please see {HERE} which is The Sticky Thread on this topic.

WW

Hi all,

I've just received an email from Photo.net for Confirmation and receipt for Premium Membership which will renew on 10/1/17.

Considering I don't have premium membership or my account detail and the site says nothing of the sort I considered it as Spam but it still had my full name and email address which made me look at it twice.

The email address it came from is [photo @ sudjam . com]

So I've changed my password as a precaution but just posting here to see if anyone else has had something similar.

Cheers

Exact same, twice, today with different senders