Photo.net & Blurb partner to offer 25% discount and an upcoming photobook webinar...

joshroot

<p><strong>Photo.net & Blurb – 25% discount and an upcoming photobook webinar...</strong><br /> <br /> Photo.net is proud to be partnering with <a href="http://lp.blurb.com/dis/photonet?utm_source=photonet&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=partner" target="_top">Blurb</a> to offer some excellent deals just in time for the holidays. <a href="http://lp.blurb.com/dis/photonet?utm_source=photonet&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=partner" target="_top">Blurb</a> is offering Photo.net members a great discount on creating your own photo books. Many of us scramble around at this time of year trying to find the perfect gifts for friends and loved ones. Well, look no further. A beautiful, professionally printed book featuring some of your favorite photos makes a thoughtful and personalized gift that anyone would appreciate. This year, I for one am gifting a book to each member of my family with photos of our most special moments from 2012.<br>

<br /> <strong>Give the Perfect Gift</strong><br>

<br /> Looking for the perfect gift this holiday season for your friends, family and clients? Make a beautiful book of your photography! <a href="http://lp.blurb.com/dis/photonet?utm_source=photonet&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=partner" target="_top">Blurb’s</a> creative platform and premium paper options lets you design and publish beautiful books. Use the new book module in Lightroom 4 or fire up Blurb’s downloadable book-making software to create professional quality books that show off your best work.<br>

<br /> Order just one copy or one for everyone on your list – it’s your choice. From now through December 16, 2012 Blurb is offering the photo.net community an exclusive 25% off your next book. Enter the code PHOTONET at checkout to receive your discount.*<br>

<br /> <strong>Learn How…</strong><br>

<br /> Not sure how to go about creating your own photo book? Then allow me to invite you to a special Blurb webinar, “Beyond the Book” presented by Blurb’s photographer at large, Dan Milnor. It will open your eyes to the extensive array of possibilities that are available. The ability to make our own books has been around for several years, but there remains much to explore. Blurb, the industry leader in print-on-demand technology, offers an alluring range of options – but all these options can be confusing. This webinar, will help you to create the best book possible.<br /> <br /> Webinar Date: <strong>Friday, December 7, 2012 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST</strong><br /> <br /> Click here to register for the webinar: <a href="https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/668306958">https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/668306958</a></p>

<p><em>*This offer is good for 25% off your product total up to a max discount of $250 USD, CAD & AUD, or 150 Euros. Each code may only be used once per user and on books made by you. Offer expires at 11.59pm (local time) on Monday December 16th, 2012. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offers, volume discounts or retroactively applied to any previous orders.</em></p><div>00b6BX-507119784.jpg.045d234cd2033d709a55b947273da740.jpg</div>

<p>magcloud and blurb are 2 differents beast... one is hard cover book, book that you can be sell as high end portfolio... the other is more magazine oriented kind of style.. Pricey? i can get a 7x7 hard cover, 160page on there high end paper deliver to my house for something like 70$... The same thing in Toronto would cost me 3-4x more $.. and im not even talking about what i can have in Montreal .. its close to be not decent to talk about how much it could cost for the same thing.<br>

25% off? im in!</p>

<p>J.W.,</p>

<p>The code is in the original post</p>

<blockquote>

<p><br />Order just one copy or one for everyone on your list – it’s your choice. From now through December 16, 2012 Blurb is offering the photo.net community an exclusive 25% off your next book. Enter the code PHOTONET at checkout to receive your discount.*</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Has anybody done comprehensive analysis between MYPUBLISHER and BLURB? I always want to try MPIX (quite expensive) and BLURB but I am scared as to how it would turn out. With MYPUBLISHER you always have to CLICK on AUTO ADJUST else the pics would come out badly. <br>

Is it the same with Blurb? MPIX?<br>

I really wanna use this 25% off deal. But...</p>

<p>I must say that a few days ago (I haven't noticed the problem since) every time I tried to load a forum page that had the BLURB ad banner at the beginning, the page would not load but stop at the BLURB banner. F5 would either present again the BLURB banner and then the page would stop again, or present another banner and then the page would load normally.</p>

<p>I have happily used Blurb over the last 3 years or so. The thing that strikes me over their offers is that they never allow much time to get your order in. Now I know we all have different computer skills etc but for me the choosing and prep of maybe 160 images for a large book and loading into Booksmart to get the layouts I want is a few days work. That gets to be more if I have to scan legacy film images. And I can't always just drop everything to start right now. So I've never been able to use an offer.</p>

<p>I guess the conclusion I'm drawing is that I should have a book or two ready to go and simply wait till something like this comes along.</p>

<p>I just printed seven 38 page hard cover books featuring my pictures of the NE coast. I am giving them as presents this season. The color rendition is great and very close to what I submitted. The hardcover books look really good. I used LR4 and found the software pretty simple. Having had the photos I put the book together in a very short period of time. You get what you pay for but it isn't inexpensive. </p>