Photo.net 2012 - 2018: What a vast improvement!

mikemorrell

Hi all,

I joined Photo.net back in 2007 and - on and off - I participated actively up until 2012. Back in 2012, there were a lot of things I liked about Photo.net and also things I liked less. For example the 'clunky' website and some of the protracted discussions on the photo of the day/week/month. Don't get me wrong: one of Photo.net's key strengths (and attractive features) is and has always been it's photo critiques. At a certain point in the ongoing "yes, but is it art?" discussions, I decided that I could better spend my time elsewhere. My visits decreased and I moved on to other platforms.

Flip forward to today and I'm truly delighted by how Photo.net has transformed itself in the intervening years! Everything about it (my first impressions) looks fresh, modern and (as always) highly interactive.

The selection of 'photo's of the week' looks much more creative and diverse than I remember back in 2012. IHMO the quality has improved enormously.

I'm looking forward to rediscovering Photo.net. I'm not as active a photographer as I was back in 2012 but I'm sure Photo.net will provide me with inspiration.

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...