Photo.net 2.0

G-P

<p>Hello Everyone - we're back to 1.0 as you can tell. Updates will come soon with our progress - and we will make a beta site available as soon as the DNS redirects are settled. Will update soon with the beta URL so we can continue the beta conversation. Thank you all for your support. </p>

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>thank you all for your support. We discussed user guide and the designer said (and i'm paraphrasing...but "if it needs a user guide its not designed properly".....i believe there is some truth to that. That said, I will create one using screen-o-matic - which creates a video of my screen as I tour the site. For now, we're focused on resolving the issues in beta environment for now and will make public again very soon and will notify everyone of the URL - we have some DNS changes that need to take effect, redirects, etc. Thank you again for your support. </p>

<p>Good choice, Glenn. I hope the disappointment isn't overwhelming.<br>

In my case I was unable to 'log in' to the beta version to help with input as I don't remember my 13 year old password and P.net doesn't provide a solution via email for me to change it. (I must know the old one to create a new one).<br>

Good Luck going forward.</p>

<p>Gup, I was able to change my password this morning. If you don’t know your password, you may have to logout and then click the icon that says something like “lost password”. When I did that, I easily was able to change it. But know that the password instructions will go to the email that is associated with your account and if it’s an email your no longer use, you will need another way of accomplishing this.</p>

Saying "If it needs instructions, its not programmed correctly" may be a good theory but it is a bad practice. PN 1.0 had a search function

that I used many times. The help button on Adobe software is vital when doing a new process. All of my digital cameras have manuals. At a

minimum restore a functioning search box. I tried to use what was on PN2.0 but it did not respond with the right info.

<blockquote>

<p>"if it needs a user guide its not designed properly"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>As Randy said, it may be good theory but that's about as far as it goes.</p>

<p>I was in I.T. well over 30 years with at least 20 of those designing and implementing human interface platforms. Never once have I seen a case where that philosophy actually worked in practice. Even the most basic of cell phone apps (at least the good ones) have, at a minimum, a rudimentary 'help' function.</p>

<p>A "User Guide", be it printed, electronic or 'help', needs to include at least 3 things:</p>

<p>1 - What the system or product can do<br /> 2 - Where to do it<br /> 3 - How to do it</p>

<p>For a very recent example of what can happen without this I refer you to 'photo.net 2.0'.</p>

I tened to agree with "If it needs instructions....." This is a website, not PS or a camara, if instructions are needed, many

potential users will skip it.

I was beginning to understand the functionality of 2 and liked some of the features, my major gripe is that many features

did not function. Hopefully it will be fixed and looking forward to giving beta a test run.

<p>Thank you for all your efforts, Glenn and the photo.net team. I saw that a lot of anger and frustration was directed at you and the others who worked on V2, which must have been hard to take, given the effort you and the team undoubtedly put into it. While there were some nice stylistic touches in V2, unfortunately there were a few functional problems, which, while frustrating, are not unexpected when a major overhaul is done. No doubt you and the team are working to rectify the issues. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labor, and to continue to participate in this wonderful site and community.</p>