Photo booth

bob-c

<p>My son is getting married in October of this year and he would like to have a photo booth set up. The photographer he intents to hire does not offer that as an option. He asked me if I could set one up using my equipment. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Any ideas? I have a Canon 5D II and a 7D II, a good tripod and some lights. Thanks in advance for any help.</p>

<i>Moderator's Note: I've moved this from Casual Conversation to the Wedding forum because you're more likely to get responses from people who have direct experience with photo booth set up here.</i></p>

<p>Given the level of gear you have, I'd probably think more in terms of a manned photo station rather than a traditional unmanned photo booth. The activity is all about fun from the subjects' point of view, so I would rather focus my effort on participant experience. </p>

<p>If a manned station is practical, then I'd use a simple black cloth as a backdrop and buy a big box of cheap party props from the dollar store that participants can use to quickly dress up and make fun poses. The more fun you make the experience, the more participants you'll engage to facilitate the celebratory atmosphere.</p>

<p>If a manned station is not practical, another option is to use something like a GoPro (or an inexpensive eBay equivalent, and excellent quality) on a tripod in time-lapse mode, and just let it run all night at some interval. Resolution won't be as important as composition and fun factor so shooting at 1-3MB resolution on a 32G SD card should prove more than adequate.</p>

<p>This will save your expensive gear from wear and tear or risk of theft and damage. </p>

<p>You can even run another GoPro at 720p and record videos of participant activities, unmanned, all night. <br>

</p>

<p> </p>