Photo and film project about jewish remains in Slowakia

<p>The german newspaper "Sueddeutsche Zeitung" brought an article today about an exhibition and a film project of a photographer and a directer, both with slowakian and jewish roots. Starting with an interview series with Ausschwitz survivors they discovered the remains of librairies of the jewish communities. The people are long gone, most murdered by the nazis, but the books are still there, decaying, rotten, some literary turned to stone. I wanted to share the trailor about this project. It's a german trailer, but the artists speak in english, so you will understand it.<br>

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HC12D53mUxY?hl=de_DE&hd=1&rel=0&wmode=transparent<br>

<br />And here's a link to the article:<br>

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/spuren-juedischen-lebens-in-der-slowakei-bis-die-moerder-kamen-1.2505517<br>

<br />The interview stories must have been very touching for the artists. The article claims that in one interview the film maker realized that the old woman they interviewed was the former lover of her own father. They lost each other in the war and prosecution troubles, the man escaped to England and both married different people.<br>

Apart from the interessting subject I think this projects illuminates the strength of both media and how they can be combined.</p>

<p>Thank you very much for posting this. The trailer was very moving, and I hope to see the film and the exhibit someday. My maternal great-grandparents disappeared in the Ukraine after the German army advanced, so work like this is extremely important to me.</p>

Very interesting. My wife is from Moscow and is head of Slavik studies at VT and has presented many papers on this field

and Soviet Jewery. Her father was a Russian Marine and wounded in battle of Kursk and the rest of his family in Ukraine

was executed in September 1941 and just like Hector sites like this are iimportant to her. Her father just passed 3 years

ago at age 92. I tried to record record conversations with him but at least he did get interviewed by the Holacaust

Museum.

<p>The Holocaust?<br>

Again?<br>

For God's sake! Why didn't he do something relevant, like the current sufferings of those forced to live under ISIS, or the current concentration camps in The West Bank?<br>

"My best friend at school knew someone she thought was Jewish so this very relevant to me. Thanks for sharing" Purlease!</p>

Here we go again with specious arguments. The two subjects are not mutually exclusive nor are they necessarily relevant to each

other. If you do not like it then it wasn't meant for you even though I think one should be educated about both. Why don't

you just post some links about what is important to you and those interested go to that site also?

• 2 weeks later...