Phone Phriday - Mar 25

bnyc

<p>It's never too early to start celebrating Phriday. Ok, maybe it's too early sometimes, but Thursday night is fine!</p>

<p>Awesome stuff last week! It's really cool to see these little wonder-devices in our pockets being put to creative use.</p>

<p>Yet another NYC sunset... On the one hand it's sort of boring that I keep taking the same photo. On the other hand, Nature's been killing it.</p>

<p>One cool thing you may note if you look at this one vs. prior shots is that the sun is noticeably marching north - this is the first sunset of the year that I could snap from a west-facing window rather than a south-facing window. (For non-New Yorkers, by "west" I mean northwest and by "south" I mean southwest: as befits our general attitude about our city's place in the world, we judge direction by the orientation of Manhattan, not the orientation of the planet :).</p>

<p>One more comment: Apple's in-camera HDR is really good, at least for the limited application I use it for. I have generally not been a big fan of most post-process HDR I've seen because it tends to look (to me) way beyond reality. But the in-camera HDR on this thing does a really good job of capturing the impression I get from standing here viewing the sunset in person. YMMV, of course.</p><div>00dqlZ-561919684.jpg.8fe0f3ea5e0c472b31ee4c1915baa804.jpg</div>