Phone Phriday February 11, 2022

luis triguez

Was out late last night doing a bit of a pre study for an upcoming project, photo-documenting elements of the booming transport industry.

On any given night here, there are certainly hundreds and probably thousands of 18 wheeled trucks in local truck stops and roadside “rest areas”. Daily motorway commutes in the Mid Atlantic region’s high traffic trucking corridor finds one often completely surrounded by these big beasts.

B5E6F71D-898C-4822-AB22-FE316A4ECBAC.jpeg.3bd9d70d9c41fa245b82e4bcc9cbe279.jpeg

66DDA044-8983-456E-9D14-5BE937EDC1E6.jpeg.99649006bf5cda8987c1d85e2d611c45.jpeg

39CFEAEF-1EBB-4A16-A257-33D419287483.jpeg.2be1e35b6bb748f7adb7e7a7f3e8eb9c.jpeg

trucks- and trains too. There’s a massive rail yard nearby- a source of endless fascination.

1179DBA4-59E4-4F43-A99F-9659E90EB27B.jpeg.6998e6167b762a32f349e7fe2b03a828.jpeg

I love the sweeping curves of large motorway interchanges too- but how often can one stop the car, get out and walk around shooting photos on a high overpass? 0300 on Sunday morning? Less a problem than any other time!

1CA954A8-9D9E-4062-A2AF-2E030E4646CC.jpeg.aa84850a7861acbf22ee468e5ce1d613.jpeg

114AF03F-7F69-490B-9BF9-6F00E0A98895.jpeg.baa1a150eabf3be060d5c3de99852ef2.jpeg

This is some of what I’ll be shooting, although next time out will be somewhat more complicated- I’ll have a tripod and film cameras along! With any luck, it won’t be snowing. I do like the reflections of all the lights in the wet tarmac tho …

Edited by Ricochetrider
  • Like 5

@Ricochetrider

I thought I'd already replied to your photo series in this thread, but apparently not.

Bottom line: I think your project "photo-documenting elements of the booming transport industry" is wonderful! It has so much documentary and photographic scope and opportunities in terms of different forms of transport to a wide range of shots: day/night, wide-angle (of transports, such as trucks) to close-ups (of transporters (such as truckers).

Enjoy!

Mike

Was out late last night doing a bit of a pre study for an upcoming project, photo-documenting elements of the booming transport industry.

On any given night here, there are certainly hundreds and probably thousands of 18 wheeled trucks in local truck stops and roadside “rest areas”. Daily motorway commutes in the Mid Atlantic region’s high traffic trucking corridor finds one often completely surrounded by these big beasts.

[ATTACH=full]1417425[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1417426[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1417427[/ATTACH]

trucks- and trains too. There’s a massive rail yard nearby- a source of endless fascination.

[ATTACH=full]1417428[/ATTACH]

I love the sweeping curves of large motorway interchanges too- but how often can one stop the car, get out and walk around shooting photos on a high overpass? 0300 on Sunday morning? Less a problem than any other time!

[ATTACH=full]1417430[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1417432[/ATTACH]

This is some of what I’ll be shooting, although next time out will be somewhat more complicated- I’ll have a tripod and film cameras along! With any luck, it won’t be snowing. I do like the reflections of all the lights in the wet tarmac tho …

• Like 2

@Ricochetrider

I thought I'd already replied to your photo series in this thread, but apparently not.

Bottom line: I think your project "photo-documenting elements of the booming transport industry" is wonderful! It has so much documentary and photographic scope and opportunities in terms of different forms of transport to a wide range of shots: day/night, wide-angle (of transports, such as trucks) to close-ups (of transporters (such as truckers).

Enjoy!

Mike

hi Mike,

Thanks! I plan to make this more a warm weather project for this spring & summer. Working in entertainment, I’ll have many late nights & early mornings this summer, with little enough traffic to allow me pull over on the sides of various roads and bridges to shoot photos!

• Like 2

Great project RR nice photos... I began photography just prior to working in air frieght and becoming a long haul nighttime driver for 5 years. The photo ops were countless and ripe. Airport, shipyards, train yards, truckstops, docks and the alleyways & road... I had trouble keeping my schedule balanced with wanting to take another photo.

I look forward to seeing more of work as it progresses. It seems like a good fit for your work and amicable style.

• Like 2

n e y e