Philosophy of Photgraphy subForum - Highly Interesting

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ruben_bittermann, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    Although I have been a member of photo.net since a decade long (+ -), in fact my attention was dedicated elsewhere. Nevertheless I though to pay a visit here today, and the Philosophy of Photography subforum has had a great inpact on me. Of course this relates just to many thread titles only, but they make me eager to start reading them all.
    To my opinion, Philosophy in general, and our philosophical approach to our medium of creativity, is not something abstract in the skies, but a way to elucidate what should I be doing today and in the long range. Having clarity here, and no need to say each one with his/her own opinion, is of supreme importance to me.
    Best to all,

2. Ruben:
    Thanks for your post. I do pop in on the POP Forum occasionally, since I do have a love for philosophy, having studied it quite extensively when I was (much) younger.
    Having said that, I think that philosophy indeed can " . . . elucidate what I should be doing today . . . ." There was a significant philosophical movement in England that practiced methodology of this nature, if I read you correctly. However, I also think that there are, and should be, other philosophical approaches. Otherwise, philosophy becomes limited and trivialized.
    Welcome back!
    michael