Philosophy of Photgraphy subForum - Highly Interesting

<p>Hi all,<br />Although I have been a member of photo.net since a decade long (+ -), in fact my attention was dedicated elsewhere. Nevertheless I though to pay a visit here today, and the <strong>Philosophy of Photography </strong>subforum has had a great inpact on me. Of course this relates just to many thread titles only, but they make me eager to start reading them all.<br>

To my opinion, Philosophy in general, and our philosophical approach to our medium of creativity, is not something abstract in the skies, but a way to elucidate what should I be doing today and in the long range. Having clarity here, and no need to say each one with his/her own opinion, is of supreme importance to me.<br />Best to all,</p>

<p>Ruben:</p>

<p>Thanks for your post. I do pop in on the POP Forum occasionally, since I do have a love for philosophy, having studied it quite extensively when I was (much) younger.</p>

<p>Having said that, I think that philosophy indeed can " . . . elucidate what I should be doing today . . . ." There was a significant philosophical movement in England that practiced methodology of this nature, if I read you correctly. However, I also think that there are, and should be, other philosophical approaches. Otherwise, philosophy becomes limited and trivialized.</p>

<p>Welcome back!</p>

<p>michael</p>