Phase One reduces software prices

<p>Maybe worth noting for those who did not yet settle on a program to convert and manage their raw files, it looks like Phase One changed the prices for all of their software products - at least for the European countries, I cannot see the US pricing, but I assume it is aligned. Their entry-level option CaptureOne 7 Express went from 69 euros to 34 euros; the flagship Capture One 7 Pro from 229 euro to 114 euro (prices ex. VAT). Upgrade prices are similarly reduced.</p>

<p>No idea whether this is a temporary offer, or a real pricing change. With these prices, it is a much more competitive offer compared to Lightroom, and in my opinion well worth considering if you're still looking for the right tool. As with many of these software packages, the user interface is a quite personal matter - some like it, some don't - so give the trial a spin first.</p>

<p>Just out of curiosity, when you purchase from Phase One's site, is it delivered as a digital download or do you get a box version? I couldn't really find out from the product description.</p>

<p>The summer is non-stop sale season for Phase One, so if you miss this one, just wait another few weeks and it'll be by again. ;)</p>

<p>And yes, it's a download. Phase One hasn't offered a boxed version directly for some time; at the rate with which they release updates, there's really no benefit to a disc. Even buying a box from B&H or another retailer, you'd just end up downloading the whole thing again anyway.</p>