Pentax UK

robert_clark

I would just like to highlight how awful Pentax UK is. As well as hardly ever

responding to emails and even when they do not being helpful, I draw your

attention to their web site.

The K20 and K200 were announced 2 weeks a go, they were up immediately on the

US site - still not up on the UK site - not a trace.

Look at the weights given for the new flagship zooms the 16-50/2.8 and the 50-

135/2.8 - 320g for both. The actual figures are 565g and 685g. They were told

about this mistake weeks ago, they still have not changed it.

This is not new, over the last ten years of dealing with them they have always

been stunningly incompetent. What worries me is that despite numerous

complaints they are as still just as bad.

This smacks of real complacency and a very unprofessional attitude, from Pentax

UK and also from Pentax Headquarters for not dealing with them. Do they want to

sell their cameras or not?

Maybe Hoya will be able to shake them up.

I think you are looking at this the wrong way around,......

You seem to think that the raison 'd etre for Pentax UK is to help the punters like us,.....that's quite wrong! They are actually VERY successful at their real business of making profit for the shareholders, and, it has to be said they do it very well.....they manage to get a price for Pentax products that is close to TWICE the US/Jap price!!!! And, they stay out of harms way and ignore any controversy while making sure to only 'drip feed' the products from the wharehouse, thus keeping the punters longing for them....

What more could a greedy shareholder ask for?

Hi,

I think both Robert AND Bob have points.

At the Focus show at the NEC last year, the Pentax UK stand was an utter shambles...display was awful and with only a handful of products. In sharp contrast the Lee Filters stand was FAR, FAR more professional and considering this is a very small company compared to the 'might' of a major camera/lens maker, it made the Pentax UK effort all the more shameful and amateurish...

cheers Steve.M.

Steven,...forgive me if I'm wrong, but i don't think there was an 'official' Pentax stand at 'Focus' last year.....

I have not bothered with 'Focus' in recent years as the main protagonists in the industry seem to have turned their backs on it and it's such a pain in the backside to get into it and park....

However, I'm pretty sure that Pentax has been among the missing for some years past,...as indeed they are this year (I think??)....after all; no point to put themselves out unneccessarily,..there will ALWAYS be plenty of punters trying to get the products....

Hi,

Bob..If it was not last year, then it was certainly the year before. Many people missed it because it was not obviously a 'Pentax' stand, I think they may have shared it, but they certainly were there. It was opposite the Lee filters stand, which is why the difference in professionalism was so marked.

I know all about the awful parking situation at the NEC. The main camera makers are all there this year, with the exception of Pentax...who yet again are scoring an own goal.

cheers Steve.