PENTAX OPTIO,BATTERY EATER

denys_meunier1

Hi guys,just bought the pentax optio E40,nice camera,very good for taking

picture when you have a party or something like that,its small,don't take place

so its not necessary to use the big gear when its the case,but that small things

EAT battery like hell,I use alkaline,,,no good,,,,bought rechargeable

battery,,this is shit to,the best i can see is lithium battery,give me little

bit longer,any idea what i can use.

The E40 is supposedly rated at 240 shots using alkaline. I recently ordered an A30 which is supposed to have even less life using its Li-Ion. Something to look forward to. At least the E40 takes AA's so spares are inexpensive and you have several varieties to choose from to find what will work best for you. Have you tried rechargeable NiMH AA's?

Hi Denys

I experienced that with older HP digicams as well. Using the lcd monitor for a few seconds and the batteries broke down and showed as empty. After power off and waiting a few minutes, the HP worked again for a short time. This was with fresh accus. Can you disable the LCD or use it a minimum time setting and use only the viewfinder instead?

yeah,i try the NIMH,don't take long and its dead,have to use the LCD panel because there no view finder,anyway i think the best is the lithium power.If I want use the alkaline,well go to Costco and buy the 48 pack duracell for 15.00$,good for a week,lollllllllll thank you guys

I got over 400 shots on the W20...lasted 7 of 10 days without a chance to recharge. Had I had a second battery at the time I'd have had more than enough juice.

The W30 uses LI-Ion and has no optical viewfinder.

Cams without an optical finder usually are battery hogs. If they use an OLED screen they can usually do quite a bit better, but traditional LCD are the biggest culprit of battery demise.