off a manual camera like my Pentax KM,just to blow tiny chunks of

dust and mold that have accumulated thru a few yrs of non use,,and

how difficult would that be ?

and also to assemble it back again??possible? ( no springs

that might fly off ?) your advice and help would be much

appreciated ! TIA,,pc

P.S. does this camera actually have a prism or just

plain cheap angled mirrors ?? thanks again,,pc

Actually, the Olympus Pen F of 1964 had a mirror "prism", and before that Mamiya marketed the Porroflex finder for the Mamiyaflex twin lens reflex (as well as a version that fit Rolleiflex) even before that, 1961 maybe. They were made for Mamiya by Nikon, and so marked. It was much lighter than the Rollei solid glass prism, a consideration with a 6x6 camera.

Don't mess with it - I tried same thing when I was young and short of cash for a proper repair. As soon as I opened it (a pentax ME if I recall) about 3 springs flew out and I could never put the thing back together again. I wasn't too bothered as it was just a broken camera someone had given me to mess with. The KM is a nice camera - just find a repair shop that will give you a good quote for a full service. It's an oldish camera and probably deserves a CLA by now anyway.

Otherwise send it to me and I'll fix it for you ;-)))

well,guess ur right guys,so i've brought it in for CLA. everythings in good working order tho,so the pro tech says it will mostly be CL no need for adjustments.so he's charging me $80,and $20 for the lens.he really liked my old lens,an SMC 50mm F1.2.

i'll get it back after 7 working days. i was really gonna try and do it myself,but Andy scared me. he he ,,thanks anyway guys...pc