Pentax K10 maxium memory card size?

rick_gerbehy1

I prefer 2-4GB cards.

I mean even shooting sports or events 4GB of RAW is a lot of images with a 3FPS camera.

Although very rarely a corrupted card cannot be recovered, cards do occasionally fail. It would suck to have 500 RAW files on a 8GB card!!!

I hesitantly went to 4GB with the idea that fiddling with cards in the cold, on cliff edges or in the wind was just not a good idea. However, even on a enthusiastic day of shooting I can't usually fill one up in PEF. And frankly, if I carry a few 4GBs if there are fewer than 50 images remaining, I'll often switch it out in the tent at night with a fresh card.

The other advantage of Non SDHC cards is they are backwards compatible. My wifes point and shoot doesn't take SDHC, and my ist D will take SD cards with an eagle tec adapter. This makes things convenient since I don't need to buy a ton of CF cards. Of course with Nikon using CF in it's upper end cameras it gave my CF cards new life, and also caused me to by more CF memory, so the eagle tec gets used less often!