Pentax Auto 110 Shutter Will Not Advance

<p>Bought two different Auto 110 Super cameras now, and in each case I cannot get the film advance lever to work. On one camera, the lever moves but does not engage the gear. On the other, the lever will not budge. I have tried this with the new Orca 110 cartridge in place and with no film, but neither will work. I've read the manual, and see no clue to what's going on. Advice is welcome. (On one of the cameras, the one where the gear does not engage, the battery operated winder advances the film.) Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Auto 110? Hmmm did you check with Pentax on this? Tey still offer answers on these cameras. it may take a few days as they pay retired folks to get the answers but I am wondering if it is not a cassette register problem. I got a roll of it to run through my Minolta 110 but I had to almost force the door shut and then I had to remove the tab on the speed switch...</p>

<p>The Orka is a project in action. Maybe you may want to try an old roll that was built to Kodak specks before you condemn the cameras.</p>

<p>First all Pentax 110's require batteries to work at all ,second the pin/lever on the bottom of the film gate catches a notch in the film to cock the shutter. There is a shutter cocked / film advance interlock. You will be able to advance the pin/lever to cock the shutter then fire and then advance again. Fun camera.<br>

Chris</p>

<p>Thanks for both responses, and I will follow Larry's advice and try Kodak film, but I'm baffled by Christopher's. He says:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>There is a shutter cocked / film advance interlock. You will be able to advance the pin/lever to cock the shutter then fire and then advance again.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>But my original post explained that I am <em>not </em>able to cock the shutter or advance the film and that I've tried this after loading film, so I'm not sure how this is responsive. Perhaps the film I'm loading is not depressing the pin for some reason, but on two cameras?<br /> </p>

<p>Thanks, Larry. It's odd. On one of the Auto 110 cameras I have, the battery-powered winder operates the camera properly with Orca 110 (though I'm not sure yet what the ASA is set at), though the manual advance does not work. On the other Auto 110, neither works. Fresh batteries in both cases (at least as indicated by the green and yellow exposure light). Is there a physical pin I can press with tweezers or the like to see if the failure of the cartridge to engage the camera is indeed the problem?</p>

<p>Thanks, Larry. It's odd. On one of the Auto 110 cameras I have, the battery-powered winder operates the camera properly with Orca 110 (though I'm not sure yet what the ASA is set at), though the manual advance does not work. On the other Auto 110, neither works. Fresh batteries in both cases (at least as indicated by the green and yellow exposure light). Is there a physical pin I can press with tweezers or the like to see if the failure of the cartridge to engage the camera is indeed the problem?</p>

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...