Pentax 67II with Impact Monolight

hsinwang

Hi guys,

This is my first post on Photo.net!! I recently borrowed a Pentax 67II from a friend and would like to use it for still life shoot in the studio. The lights I have are Impact monolights and PowerSync16 transmitter and receiver. I'm not sure if it's possible to sync the camera with the lights and how to do it...It'll be a huge help if anyone can share their experiences with me!!

Thank you!

The Pentax may not have a hot shoe, but it will have a PC terminal. If your transmitter requires a hot shoe connection you may need an adapter from hot shoe to PC. B&H should be able to supply one. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I'm not familiar with your lights or transmitter, but chances are it has standard PC sync capability, which is all you need to get your lights working with your 67II. I have a question, though: what lens(es) did your friend supply with the camera? Reason why I ask is the Pentax 67 has a rather slow flash sync -- around 1/30 if I'm not mistaken. Which may not be a problem in the studio, but if you find you need a higher flash sync in case you're dealing with anything that involves stopping the action of a subject that might be ambient lit as well as the flash, you might want to consider using one of the leaf-shutter lenses made for the Pentax 67. I'm not all that familiar with these lenses. I believe Pentax made a 90mm and a 165mm.