Pentax 67 - tight fitting lens

erichsande

I traded some stuff with my brother and now have a Pentax 67 with a 55mm f/4 lens. The lens is nearly "difficult" to attach and remove. I snugged up the screws on the lens mount to ensure that they were not sticking out and creating the tension when rotating the lens.

This is my first experience with medium format so I have no idea how the gear is supposed to feel. I don't think I'll add lenses to the system so the 55mm will stay parked on the body.

Eric Sande

I just checked the tightness of my late version 55 on my P67. It is the lens that I most often just leave on the camera because it is my favorite. It never occurred to me that it was a tight fit but checking just now I guess it does feel pretty snug. Takes a bit of effort to turn the lens. I like it that way though, it seems secure. Better than having a bit of play. Can't say whether it the same as yours. There are some very thin waxes that you put on tight threads for various lids that make it smoother and easier to screw a lid on something. Maybe that would help.