PEN E-P2 flower images, and art filters used on antique cars & trains

steve_brantley2

<p >I am finding my new PEN E-P2 and Zuiko 14-42 lens to be a great travel combination, and I am amazed to see many of my results are as good as my professional DSLR Olympus E-3. I have prepared a special image folder of a few close-up flower images (usually shot at ISO 100, Aperture mode, iEnhance setting), and also some examples of my favorite art filters used at a static display of old train engines and antique cars at the North Carolina Transportation Museum: pinhole, diorama, and grainy black & white. These images can be found here in the "featured gallery" photo folder:<br>

<a href="http://triumph.smugmug.com/">http://triumph.smugmug.com</a><br>

All images are RAW and post-processed with Capture One 5.2 software.<br>

The diorama art filter can truly transform an image into a toy model rendition, while the pinhole art filter gives a great patina antique look, especially with the right subject matter. I also find the grainy black & white art filter to work very well. I have attempted to show some identical images of old trains and cars first taken without an art filter setting (I call it the standard mode), and then I repeated the same shot with the diorama, pinhole, and grainy black & white art filters. Regards.</p>

<p>Thank you, Steve. I have an E-P1, which seems not to have iEnhance. (Nor do I find iEnhance in the Olympus Viewer 2 program).<br /><br />My favorite of the flowers is file P6300821. The information says 52mm focal length - labeling error, or shot with a different lens?<br /><br /></p>

<p>Beautiful images, but something does not sound right here. All of the images are shot RAW and processed in Capture one? Do the RAW files from an E-P2 retain the art filter application when you open them in Capture One? My experience using art filter shots is, the only software that retains art filter settings in a RAW converter is the Olympus software. If I have an art filter selected in camera and capture an image RAW, if I open it up in Adobe Camera RAW, the filter effect is not retained.</p>

<p>Charlie, yes I have one flower image that was made with the Zuiko 12-60mm SWD lens, and the 4/3 to micro 4/3 lens adapter. The iEnhance setting is new for the E-P2 and the E-PL1.</p>

<p>Greg, yes, my art filter images retain their art filter appearance when I open the RAW files with Capture One 5.2 (no pro version). The advantage of using Olympus' Viewer 2 software is that I can select all of the other art filters as well, which I cannot do with Capture One.</p>