Pelican 1560 vs 1610

david_herman3

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

I currently have a pelican 1510 case with the padded dividers, i am running out of space.... I am looking to get another pelican case exclusively for home storage. I am deciding between the 1560 or the 1610. my equipment is as follows:<br>

Canon 7D, Rebel XSI with grip, Elan film camera, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400, 24-105, 24-85, 70-300, 100mm, 15mm, 580 flash, <br>

All canon products. I was wondering if anyone had a similar amount of equipment as to help me decide which case to get. I would really appreciate your help.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>David I own two of the 1610 cases with dividers that I use for home storage and domestic airline travel. They work out very well. I also have the 1510 that I use as a carry on. I am very satisfied with these products and feel that they are large enough and plenty rugged for my needs. Good hunting. Andy</p>

<p>Hi Edward. Thanks for our response. The decision I am making is between the 1564 and the 1610. There is only a $30 difference between the two so I dont know why I wouldn't go for the bigger 1610. I have a 1510 and I love it, just not enough space anymore.<br>

In the 1610, can a 70-200 2.8 lens or 100-400 lens fit vertically? This is an important factor for me. Also do you check the 1610 domestically on an airplane? I am always so afraid to check my equipment, if you have any pointers about this let me know. I really appreciate it. Thanks</p>

<p>David, Your two lenses should fit vertically no problem. The 1610 has a depth of 10 inches and the longer of the two lenses the 70-200 IS is 7.7 inches in length. I have two of the wheeled 1610s that I check with airport locks. I check them bare at the ticketing desk. They carry my underwater housings, ports and extensions. When I travel overseas I use a non wheeled 1600 with padded dividers with the dividers taken out and the side padding left in. I use wraps for all my fragile gear such as housings and ports with clothing in between as filler. I put the non wheeled 1600 in a dark green LL Bean extra large duffle that doesn't advertise itself and through some additional cloths in to fill it out. It tops out just at 50 pounds. I carry the 1510 with padded dividers on board and if it has to be checked I know it can withstand being drop kicked into the cargo hold. If I am carrying a long lens the 1510 stays at home and it goes in a lowpro photo trekker with all my other gear and I carry it on board. Additionally I jockey to get on board as quickly as possible to get to the over heads before they fill up. This process gets old but is helped when I use my frequent flyer card to on board early. Good hunting.</p>