Paterson Reels?

<p>So at uni we have 1 or 2 of these creamy white plastic reels which look exactly the same as the auto load Paterson ones, but they have extra plastic flat bits at the entrance near the ball-bearings and basically allow you to hold the film flat against them whilst threading into the ball-bearings. Any ideas if these are Paterson and where I can find some from?</p>

<p>You can get them in the UK from Firstcall Photographic - <a href="http://firstcall-photographic.co.uk/shop/categories/film-processing-equipment/0/ap/ap-developing-tank-reel/">http://firstcall-photographic.co.uk/shop/categories/film-processing-equipment/0/ap/ap-developing-tank-reel/</a></p>

<p>They're branded AP but I think they are identical to those described above. They are particularly good with 120 film.</p>

<p>I have two of these. They also go under other brand names. I haven't developed film with either of them but I loaded a practice roll into one of them. Several years ago I thought I might get my son interested in picture taking and film developing. He was nearly able to load a regular Paterson reel. I got the new reels thinking they might be easier for him to load. He now uses a Canon digital p&s camera.</p>

<p>So you failed as a Father to him you are saying? or they made him become a Digital failure? ... Just kidding.<br>

I had 1 daughter who I went totally into showing her how to use an enlarger is now all digital and the other one who got intersted now only uses film</p>

<p> Is this you Jeff<br>

http://shaareyyeshua.org/aRabbi/about_rabbi.htm</p>

<p>Those Samigon reels are one of the best kept secrets around. No more I guess. :)<br>

I've never had a single problem with one of them, before I purchased my jobo, unless the reel was wet. My bad.<br>

When you develop afterwards, send me your negs for a lil ol' drum scan. I'm about to purchase a Linotype Hell drum scanner. A bit bigger then an SUV and better mileage.<br>

:)</p>

<p>Oh, that stinks. Can I help. I.e., purchase them for you and send them in a less expensive manner?<br>

BTW, I have just begun watching, via Netflix streaming, the BBC show "Coupling" it is the funniest TV show I've ever seen in my life.<br>

It's like "Friends" but adult.<br>

Let me know if I can help.<br>

Tom</p>

<p>Larry, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to argue, but I don't understand your question. The AP and the Samigon are two different reels. The AP may very well be just as good. I'm just saying they are not the Samigons. Their not under a different brand name etc... the AP's are just AP's, a different brand.</p>