Parts for HP7960 Photosmart printer

javed_shakoor

<p>I have a HP7960 Photosmart printer and, inexplicably, two of the plastic clips holding the ink cartridges in place have broken. Can someone please point me to a place where I can get replacements for these parts? I have looked all over the internet and cannot find them.<br>

Would be very grateful for a response because I would hate to throw away this otherwise excellent printer.<br>

Thank you in advance<br>

Javed</p>

<p>I owned the 7960 until mine broke down last year. I didn't even think about self repairing it or troubleshooting it, it was some problem deep in the plastic entrails of the beast. I found a Photosmart 7520 for $150.00 at Best Buy. Takes a different ink selection. I consider the newer model to be better and more versatile and slicker and speedier than the 7960, has a niftier way to handle photo grade paper and offers scanner and copy capabilities. But I can relate to the desire to not deep six that older model. Javed, I have always been amazed by the relative durability of HP plastic parts, trays, slides, spacers and wheels and gears and clips galore. <br>

HP naturalluy probably expects you to buy a new one w/ their new totally different ink array, obsoleting any old ink you got stored. Resistance is fine,sir. Good luck. If all else fails, maybe dab some epoxy..? </p>