Panoramische Oberlicht Loch Kamera

<p>A german name to yield "POLKa" as an acronym (to evoque "Paul K.", my name. :-)<br /><br />Some time ago, I showed my first anamorphic pinhole camera.<br>

<a href="../alternative-cameras-forum/00OfrE">http://www.photo.net/alternative-cameras-forum/00OfrE</a><br>

Well, in the meantime I enhanced this design and here is the final state of the camera.<br>

<br />My first trial had two drawbacks :<br />1/ it was difficult to load, because you had to pull some length of the leader paper band of the 120 rollfilm, form it into the adequate cylinder and push it down into the camera together with the two reels (somehow like loading a "Barnard leica" with a curved film path). Now the whole film holder may be extracted for easy loading.<br />2/ the film path was not well laterally delimited, thus maximal picture window width was risky for secure film transport - I limited it to less than 50mm. Now two plates restrict efficiently lateral film movements and I could extend the picture window width up to 55mm.<br /><br />It had also an advantage, that I was happy to keep :<br />3/ Nowhere is the film bent against its natural curvature, thus tensionning and transport friction is kept minimal (film transports like in butter). However, as the two reels are thus placed inside the cylindric film guides, there is a unavoidable blind angle of approx. 120° (it has 240° panoramic taking angle, like my first design).<br /><br />Here are some examples of pictures taken with this camera and its followers (because there are followers... see next post :-).<br /><a href="../photos/polka">http://www.photo.net/photos/polka</a><br /><br />Paul</p><div>00X2An-267343584.jpg.150a99936346952aee99a2fe2e0a81fb.jpg</div>

<p>Yes, as I was not quite satisfied with the 120° blind angle, however wanted to keep the "not bending the film against its natural curvature" design requisite :<br /><br />After a while, I invented a new film path : that sinked only the film reel inside the cylindric guides, and let the film pass just behind it before going to the (external) receiving reel. Now I had a blind angle of only 60°, thus a taking angle of 300°.<br /><br />This new camera is shown open with a film loaded in the big picture with the "box" that you slide onto it (see how in the little pictures at the right), behind. The pinhole and shutter are in the middle of the upper face of the box, whereas the spooling button and the tripod attachs are on the bottom plate pertaining to the film holder (the inside of the camera). Hope the figures let you figure...</p>

<p>Paul</p>

<div>00X2Ar-267345584.jpg.43711ab10c1abbe6a2d8f0f6186e67cd.jpg</div>

• 3 weeks later...