Panasonic LC-1

capocheny

As many of you know... this is the equivalent of the Leica digital rangefinder but made by Panasonic.

Quick question: After taking a picture and turning to preview mode... have any of you users had any

issues with the preview image (and the image recorded on disk) turning into a strange coloring? The

coloring is almost a purplish, blue hue.

Very hard to describe the coloring! :(

This has now happened on two different cameras.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

Erik,

Whatever you want to call it is fine with me. :)

Nope, white balance has tested... as I said, it's a weird coloring... almost irridescent in

color. It isn't daylight under florescent conditions. That would give you a cyan cast!

Cheers

Erik,

Whatever you want to call it is fine with me. :)

Nope, white balance has been tested and re-set to factory settings... as I said, it's a weird

coloring... almost irridescent in color. It certainly isn't "daylight under florescent"

conditions. That would give you a cyan cast!

Cheers

The LC1 is not a DSLR, it's a fixed lens, 5Mpixel digicam with an EVF that's styled to look like

a rangefinder camera to a certain degree. The L1 is the DSLR ... again styled similarly but

quite a different camera in every way.

The LC1 (and its sibling, the Leica Digilux 2) are known to have sensor problems. Sounds like

you've seen two of them with this problem.

Godfrey

There you have it. Any manufacturer can replace the sensor of any digtital camera . . . if it doesn't work. So, Leica can certainly replace everyone's M8 sensor in 4-5 years when a better sensor is available IF it is the same size as the one in the camera now. We'd all have to pay substantially for that, but why replace the rest of the M rangefinder?