Panasonic GX7

joseph_gledhill

<p>I checked the manual for my Panasonic Lumix GH 2. When shooting video the stabilizer is active in mode 1, side to side as I recall. It says it works for optically stabilized lenses,which is all we had until now.... I would sure bet that Panasonic has incorporated it in their in body stable system, but I can't tell you for sure until the camera gets out there and tested. Or you query the company by e mail. I still glad to bet it will function with ANY lens. Nice camera. Seems to have all the previous goodies that the company has invested in their top range models, and reflected in the price.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>My bet above appears to be lost, Joseph. Giulio Scorio, smallcamerabigpicture fellow, who is on retainer work for Panasonic, to test the new camera has affirmed in a blog post that the internal body stabilization does <strong>not</strong> work in video mode. No great explanation as to why not in this case. Though I presume, and would be surprised if the optically stabilization in their lenses does not work in video. It is as you say, ' strange,' but we are looking at their first implementation , so we get what they give us. IBIS is a nice feature with long lenses. I can handhold most normal lenses.</p>