I found a price for this camera online (I won't mention the store,

unless you ask), but they listed the Panasonic DMC-LC1 at $699.00,

brand new and factory packed. Can this possible, or is this a classic

bait and switch? B&H doesn't even have any in stock, and they're

asking around $1500.00. Could this $699.00 price even be remotely

possible?

Thanks!!

BestChoiceDigital.com.

They have a little ratings "badge" on the site that has 3 stars.

One thing I noticed is that they have memory cards for sale, in an "accessory" checklist, and the prices are outrageous, $389. for 1 GB, etc. Maybe they think no one would buy just the camera and then make their profit on accessories??

Panasonic stopped making this camera?

Thanks!!

Jeff,

The store you mention is often accused of bait and switch. Like it does not come with the charger, filter or electronic cable release or battery etc. I saw the price too and passed. I did get one on the auction site from Anthony Lee in Hong Kong for $999 w/ a 512 card. Did 'buy it now' on Monday and it was delivered on Thursday. Top notch seller. Full factory package. I like the camera. Operates like a film unit. It's my first 'better quality' digital.

Hope this helps,

Les

Well Rob, I did post here asking for advice, so that should answer the question as to whether I want to flush my money down the drain. ;-) I didn't find this business on "resellerrating," but I went back and located it. Horrendous reviews. Total scam!! With your help, I'm passing, so thanks very much!!

Les, thanks for your help!! Glad you like the LC-1. And $999. with 512 mem sounds very fair, and congrats!!

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is possible as a reaction of the Panasonic dealers on low sales of this camera.

Here in Moscow (Russia) the retail price offer from the Panasonic dealer is $699.00 (and even $657.00 for the owners of their discount card).

I saw it by my eyes. Moreover, I had an opportunity to play with this camera and even test bad and hot pixels (using the Dead Pixel Test software) right in the shop - that is great and not possible when buying on-line. By the way, the result for a brand new camera was excellent - 0 bad and 0 hot pixels found!

I had no any intention to buy DMC-LC1 for $1599, but now at $657 it becomes a real bargain, so I've changed my mind and will buy it within several days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...