P7000 FN - setup of fn-button

n-j

<p>could anyone tell me how to set up the fn - button to execute a certain function;<br>

e.g .: if i set the fn to exposure mode an hold it it will switch to spot metering, how do i tell it to switch to ; let's say "matrix metering" instead ? or switch to iso 400, whenever i press fn in iso mode it switches to iso 800 ?! are these standard settings or is one able to override these ?!<br>

best regards</p>

<p>if the P7000 works like other nikon cameras -- and i'm assuming it does -- these choices are made in the menu system of the camera. it would be under a subject heading like "controls," and will allow you to assign one of several pre-defined functions to the Fn button on the camera. it's really very simple to do, but you are limited to those pre-defined choices, so it's somewhat limiting.</p>

<p>The Fn button on P7000 is used together with zoom control or shutter release button. It behaves like user settings. In order to change the settings, you need to go into Setup Menu > Fn Button.</p>

<p>If you want to change the settings individually during shooting, then use the Quick Menu Dial instead, together with rotary dial or command dial to change the settings.</p>

<p>thanks for your answers but this wasn't exactly what i was asking for; I'll try once again;<br>

i am aware of the fn--menu-settings; assigning the fn on my d700 gives me some 20 options, like spot meter, integral,matrix,every function i could every dial .... assignig the fn in the menu of the p7000 gives me a few options like metering, iso sensivity,wb,.. so my question is if i want the fn on the p7000 to give me <iso 400>, i choose iso in "assign FN button" BUT how do i addjust the value of "400" ? there is no further menu there ? same for metering or wb.<br>

hope i explained my problem more precisely this time;</p>

<p>best regards</p>

<p>thats weird cause i played around like a maniac ( trying to press all combination of possible buttons ) and first iso while pressing "fn" was set to 800; now it is 400 on all pictures, same conditions, same modes,... ?<br>

thanks for the Av/Tv button would be great if it would be capable of more than swapping dials ;-)<br>

cheers</p>

i just visited a local photography fair and asked the nikon guys how to set up the FN - button to my liking; the guy played around some while and then he answered : sorry i didn't check the manual in detail ?!

ok, so did I ; and there it was .... -> "rtfm"

eric is right, the FN - button sets all possible function to a default value: iso=auto; metering=spot; wb=auto; .... so no "real" customization here.

the manual still doesn't work for 100% with the cam so i guess and referring to autofocus or wb, hope there will be a firmware update as soon as possible; i wished they had given us a more pro menu like the d700 features, who would ever need all theses in cam "PS-actions" or in cam RAW conversion ?

cheers