P.S. For the ELVES:

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DGorinstein, May 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. P.S. For the ELVES: My sincere recognition and professional appreciation for you have: a) managed to maintain the top status in a serious photographic forum, b) regained your activity, c) admirable you look through soooooo many photographs, and still, make conscientiously evaluated the merits of the chosen photograph. IMHO. your philosophy remains well within your boundaries in following class, good taste, diversity. But heading the sheep well-aimed and with a steady keel. My hat is off to the Elves.

vrankin likes this.
  2. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Methinks he has been smoking too much Elvish Parsley.

Sanford likes this.
  3. PapaTango

PapaTango Itinerant Philosopher

I have this problem with too much Jamesons...

4. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

There's never too much Jamesons...'till around Noon the next day.

michaellinder and Wayne Melia like this.
  5. It can happen with too much whiskey, too much pot, or even old age!

OR ... could be a matter of over-tiredness or English as a second language.

In this case, it could also be the readers (including myself at first) not giving it a hard enough try, so let me try it with a little help from simple punctuation and a couple of word substitutions for clarity’s sake ...
    Basically, it’s a thank you to the Elves (or who or whatever is responsible here) for maintaining a top-notch photography site, keeping up activity, and choosing photographs with aplomb, leading the members with a steady hand. [My translation should not be read to mean I agree with the assessment, or disagree for that matter.]

Now, back to your regularly scheduled drug of choice! :)

6. Tony Parsons

Where did this incursion of Reality come from ?

7. Abstinence.

8. Tony Parsons

I prefer Absinthe.

9. Thus, perhaps, your lack of understanding of the OP. Just don’t blame him! :)

10. As a long time member I seem to remember from the old photo.net, that the administrators or moderators of the site were often referred to as ELVES.

Ricochetrider likes this.
  11. Tony Parsons

Not blaming anyone, but after almost seventy years, I am still under-impressed with reality.

Thanks, John - before my time here.

12. You kind of did, though jokingly, when you said ...
    I tend to be impressed with both reality and unreality (artificiality or fantasy) though in varying doses depending on context!

With reveries to all ...

CB5FD16C-BA17-491F-86DC-06C1F857D702.jpeg

13. Tony Parsons

Shall we just agree to differ on this one - as I believe we have before ! :):D;)

14. I’m happy to agree to differ. I won’t agree to mischaracterizing what you and others said or implied about the OP. And that’s my final contribution on the matter.

15. OP posting history provides insight.......

16. Here's a thread from 2003 which refers to the photo.net elves writing intros to the POW:

LINK:

POW: What's an elf to do?

17. "Methinks he has been smoking too much Elvish Parsley."

Maybe...

Tony Parsons likes this.
  18. My mate Fred likes a bit of sage.

True.