P.S. For the ELVES:

P.S. For the ELVES: My sincere recognition and professional appreciation for you have: a) managed to maintain the top status in a serious photographic forum, b) regained your activity, c) admirable you look through soooooo many photographs, and still, make conscientiously evaluated the merits of the chosen photograph. IMHO. your philosophy remains well within your boundaries in following class, good taste, diversity. But heading the sheep well-aimed and with a steady keel. My hat is off to the Elves.
  • Like 1

It can happen with too much whiskey, too much pot, or even old age!

OR ... could be a matter of over-tiredness or English as a second language.

In this case, it could also be the readers (including myself at first) not giving it a hard enough try, so let me try it with a little help from simple punctuation and a couple of word substitutions for clarity’s sake ...

For the ELVES: My sincere recognition and professional appreciation, for you have:

a) managed to maintain the top status in a serious photographic forum,

b) regained your activity,

c) [been] admirable [in looking through] soooooo many photographs, and still [have] conscientiously evaluated the merits of the chosen photograph.

IMHO, your philosophy remains well within your boundaries in following class, good taste, diversity. But [leading] the sheep well-aimed and with a steady keel. My hat is off to the Elves.

Basically, it’s a thank you to the Elves (or who or whatever is responsible here) for maintaining a top-notch photography site, keeping up activity, and choosing photographs with aplomb, leading the members with a steady hand. [My translation should not be read to mean I agree with the assessment, or disagree for that matter.]

Now, back to your regularly scheduled drug of choice! :)

• Like 4

"You talkin' to me?"

Not blaming anyone.

You kind of did, though jokingly, when you said ...

Methinks he has been smoking too much Elvish Parsley.

I am still under-impressed with reality.

I tend to be impressed with both reality and unreality (artificiality or fantasy) though in varying doses depending on context!

With reveries to all ...

CB5FD16C-BA17-491F-86DC-06C1F857D702.thumb.jpeg.efd29a5cf12fedc50ecac2f1e6278e90.jpeg

• Like 3

"You talkin' to me?"

Shall we just agree to differ on this one

I’m happy to agree to differ. I won’t agree to mischaracterizing what you and others said or implied about the OP. And that’s my final contribution on the matter.

"You talkin' to me?"

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. For the ELVES: My sincere recognition and professional appreciation for you have: a) managed to maintain the top status in a serious photographic forum, b) regained your activity, c) admirable you look through soooooo many photographs, and still, make conscientiously evaluated the merits of the chosen photograph. IMHO. your philosophy remains well within your boundaries in following class, good taste, diversity. But heading the sheep well-aimed and with a steady keel. My hat is off to the Elves.

Here's a thread from 2003 which refers to the photo.net elves writing intros to the POW:

LINK:

POW: What's an elf to do?

POW= Photo Of the Week (I assume?) SO wait a minute- there's still this whole *other* side to P dot net, that whole region beyond (or before?) The Forums, yes? Like still, there's a photo of the week, and more over there?

The title time I've spent "over there", it seems that whatever contenting activity goes on haas little or nothing to do with whatever goes on "over here" (in The Forums). IS it really two whole, separate (parallel?) universes and ne'er the twain shall meet? I mean, I like The Forum, but maybe the REAL action is "over there".

In this case, it could also be the readers (including myself at first) not giving it a hard enough try, so let me try it with a little help from simple punctuation and a couple of word substitutions for clarity’s sake ...

samstevens, displays practical application based upon sound epistemological premise and as such would make a good Proof Reader and/or Editor.

WW

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...