Owner's name editing in Canon software

<p>I have a few hundred photos whose EXIF "Owner's name" field I want to modify. I have installed Canon digital cameras' software (zoom browser, EOS utility, DPP, etc.). Is there a method to select the photos whose field I want to change, change the field and apply that change to all the photos? In other words, can I change an EXIF field in Canon's digital cameras' software in a batch mode for a bunch of files at a time?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>You don't need any special software. In Windows Explorer, select all the files, right click>properties. Click Details tab, and you can directly batch-edit certain EXIF fields. I know Author is one of the editable fields, and I'm assuming that's what you mean since I can't seem to find "Owner's Name" in my CS3 file properties dialogue. When I set my camera's Owners Name from EOS utility, my name shows up in my images' Author field, so I'm pretty sure that's what'll work.</p>

<p>I see. Canon's Zoom Browser shows the information as "Owner's name". But yes, you are right in understanding what I want to do. Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Oddly enough, and maybe they changed it recently, but when you program your name to show up in the exif data in the camera, where it would then appear in the RAW exif data, if you processed the file out in DPP, your name was removed. If you used Adobe Camera Raw, it wasn't. They may have fixed that now, but that was sort of good for a laugh, as was the techs response to it!</p>

<p>Monika, yes, I have looked and there is a method to save the owner's name in the camera. But that is not what I am asking.</p>

<p>Ben, that worked wonderfully. Thanks a ton! I was even able to change the copyright field as well.<br>

I was able to batch process all the raw files from DPP and zoom browser in various way, but couldn't find a method to change that EXIF field. I will be surprised if it is not possible using Canon's software, but your method is even more general!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Monika, that is what I was referring to, they gave you a utility to put it in the camera and then wiped it off when you processed the raw in their software--like I said, it could have been fixed by now.....</p>