Overexposure, light leak and others: first roll problems

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by rodrigosoares, Apr 7, 2020.

1. The back element of the lens looks dirty/nasty. Might be mold but could also be dust and crud.

I see white spots on the curtain, possibly mold.

cameragary likes this.
  2. Where I live its really expensive, no matter if its analogic camera or digital. In fact, most digital cameras here are expensive. I paid almost 160 bucks on this camera with flash and another 70-210 lens.
    But thanks for the first reply. Doing my second film this week.

cameragary likes this.
  3. thank you. thats all i have to say.

cameragary likes this.
  4. thanks for the reply. I simple take a picutre of the film, had to hold it with my hands (?). starting with film because I have no rush or huge desire of master photography in all its aspects, and i'm learning more everyday, with the correct help. but appreciated for the advices.

cameragary likes this.
  5. You can buy a lot of film for the price of a lower model DSLR.

But I do have to agree with Joe, that you will learn faster with digital.
    But fast may not be a consideration.

On the other hand, you really don't learn how to use film when using a
    digital camera. If you really want to know how to use film, you need to use it.
    (The effects of over, under exposure and such are different, for example.)

It is nice to give as much detail as possible, such as film type, and if you or a
    real lab did the processing.

Places where cameras are expensive are usually also where film is expensive.

It is nice to have someone around who has been doing it for some years.
    I learned when I was young, and learned much from my father, including
    doing darkroom work.

cameragary likes this.
  6. The camera may have worn light seals.

cameragary likes this.
  7. Yes, this looks like light leakage from the back, probably from the hinge seal. It's not present in some frames because it depends on how long the frame was in position, and how bright was the incident light, If you took one picture straight after another, there's less time for the leak to develop.

cameragary likes this.
  8. The banding on the film photos looks like a film processing problem. Too little agitation, bad chemicals, wrong temperature or expired film. I'd try again with fresh chemicals and fresh film.