Out with a Box Tengor

royall_berndt

Surely this just has a simple red window film advance? In which case the frame spacing is achieved by the user centering the frame numbers in the window. There can't be much to go wrong on these, if the shutter works you should be good to go. Edited by John Seaman

• 4 weeks later...
The trouble with spacing is affected by the little red window, which makes it hard to see the cues on the film. But one time when I wound on, the double exposure prevention locked the shutter. To unfreeze, I had to wind again. I'll get the shots from the lab in a couple of days and know more then.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem, I believe, is my eyesight. No matter how much light hits the red window, my eyes cannot resolve the skinny and dim frame numbers. My next piece of equipment needs to be a loupe. I have put through a roll with the back open, and see no problem with the advance or shutter.

I will get my test roll from the lab today.

I find it hard to see the numbers in red windows, especially number 1. Some films are better than others in this respect, having more contrasty printing on the backing paper.[

I have the negs back. The frames look okay for exposure and focus, with campera shake to spoil some of the shots. With a shutter speed of 1/25, thst's no surprise. The main trouble iis light leaks. Every frame is light-struck in the same pattern. Next outing, I will have to tape up the camera edges. I dont think the outing will be soon. But the experiment was interesting.