lens to 24mm; now it's all gooey under there. Can anyone recomend

some kind of solvent that will remove duct tape residue without

wrecking the rubberized surface of the lens? Got a prime 24/2.8 on

the way.

Cheap zoom now becomes a 50mm while I contemplate the purchase of a

50/1.4

Thanks,

Jamie J.

I see, lots of experience with duct tape in the leica forum. Probably from covering that red dot :-)

So my recomendation is charcoal lighter fluid, Zippo is fine, and a lint free cloth. I used that to remove a price sticker from my Canon 35/2.

Volker

Forget the solvents. Adhesive residues can be removed with... adhesives! Just get a fresh roll of duct tape or mask tape, and apply segments with a vigorous dabbing motion. Same trick works to remove pet fur from clothing and upholstery.

No, I don't work for 3M. :-)

I agree that WD-40 and Lighter fuel should work. Also there's a product called "The Wedge" E-Z peel off adhesive label remover. It contains a solvent known as CYPAR. I would avoid nail polish remover which contains acetone, as acetone can raise hell with plastics and elastomers. Polish remover usually contains oil as well (not good). Best regards, Bill

A word of prevention for the future: Never use duct tape on camera equipment, ever! Use gaffer's tape. It sticks better, leaves no residue, tears easily with your bare hands.

My wife says Johnson's baby oil will take off the residue, but I've never tried it.

I did see a product advertised somewhere on the Internet that was touted as being able to remove all kinds of glue residue, stickiness left after taking off price labels, etc. Can't remember its name, sorry.

Jeffrey L. T. von Gluck

I prefer Sapphire Gin! (^0^)

Ok..just a joke! I got in tourble on a joke once.

Use ordinary Rubbing alcohol, with a lot of rubbing. That will do the job. If it doesn't, then get a bottle of Ronsonal Lighter Fluid. That will solve the problem fast with no damage.

DO NOT us ACETONE...ACETONE disolves almost antything instantly!!!! Really.