Original Canon F-1 eyepoint

chris_burgess3

<p>I've never had any trouble wearing my eyeglasses with any of my FD bodies, including my F-1's. Sometimes it takes a little more work to take in the whole frame than it does without glasses, but that's not a big deal for me.</p>

<p>You'd be well advised to pick up a laser matte focusing screen for your F-1. It'll brighten the image in the viewfinder to make focusing easier, especially in low light. The F-1 laser matte screens have the usual letter designation, with an "L" prefix. So, for example, the one with a split-image microprism is the "LE" screen.</p>

<p>Chris, the very earliest (i.e. original F-1) had a circular metal eyepiece that on later models was covered with a rubber ring for better comfort. The rubber ring is retrofittable and highly recommended! I imagine it's saved an eyeglass lens for many users too. </p>

<p>I concur on the no issue answer re eyeglass wearers as I have two of these original F-1 cameras. Using a rubber eyecup is not good for eyeglass wearers but can be done. Better to find a "Flash Coupler F" which slides under the rewind knob and prongs down over the prism eyepiece as it has a genuine rubber eye ring (not eyecup) on it. Won't restrict your view. In answer to your other question- Try to find a copy of a rather hard to find book put out by Canon in the early 70's called "Canon F-1: An introduction to the Canon F-1"-Wonderful Book (I have a copy.)</p>