Oops!

Ricochetrider

OK so today I accidentally uploaded a 2nd image to the No Words forum's Between A Rock And A Hard Place thread.

I racked up a couple demerit points upon my first couple posts ever, and not wishing to get booted for (further) misconduct,

I apologize for this misdeed, and invite the moderators to delete the latest image.

I would also like to point out there seems to be no way for me to delete my own post (a seemingly small feat- perhaps I missed it s somehow amongst the edit options?), or I'd have taken care of this myself.

Thanks in advance.

You can only edit your post within 10 minutes of posting.

I guess, in terms of the deletion at this point, beyond the 10-minute limit, you are ... between a rock and a hard place.

In any case, I don't think you'd get booted for this infraction. I think the proper penalty is losing 50 LIKES! ;)

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

You can only edit your post within 10 minutes of posting.

I guess, in terms of the deletion at this point, beyond the 10-minute limit, you are ... between a rock and a hard place.

In any case, I don't think you'd get booted for this infraction. I think the proper penalty is losing 50 LIKES! ;)

Remind me never to do it, then ! :(:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

. . . I accidentally uploaded a 2nd image to the No Words . . . I would also like to point out there seems to be no way for me to delete my own post (a seemingly small feat- perhaps I missed it s somehow amongst the edit options?), or I'd have taken care of this myself.

Accidents happen.

As 'samstevens' mentioned, there is a ten minute edit time. That used to NOT be the case.

Originally and for many years there was NO edit time.

The rational was (and still is) that the Member is responsible for everything s/he publishes.

From my experience this is atypical to most other internet forums and as such it is worthwhile underscoring this point always has been an integral part of the terms and conditions of use of Photo.net. (Personally, since joining, I have always composed in WORD.doc and I proof read there before publishing on Photo.net: yes I understand the error was a duplicate image so we wouldn't compose that in WORD)

As mentioned, "accidents happen": upon realizing the occurrence of your accident, you could send a PM to a Moderator who might be able to assist you.

The above is provided for information and is NOT an invitation to debate the terms and conditions of use.

William

Nobody is watching, nobody cares. I think we can break a rule now and then without fear of retribution. I would bet the owners NEVER look at this forum c--p.

I don't think this is a matter of "the owners" caring or not. It doesn't have to be about outside authority. I see it simply as a member appreciating guidelines that have been set out for No Words and trying to undo an innocent mistake.

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

Nobody is watching, nobody cares. I think we can break a rule now and then without fear of retribution. I would bet the owners NEVER look at this forum c--p.

(some) People do care, so I disagree on that point. On the other point, I agree: we can break a rule now and then without fear of retribution. As mentioned, accidents happen.

WW

• Like 1