One of the 50 States...The land of ID

Well, I finally got a little caught up on a few things and was able to

spend a quick morning in the darkroom. These are some of the shots

from the 50 States camera CE Nelson has sent around. Classic Pan 200

in PC-TEA from the bruised and battered Shurflash...<div>00Cmzs-24515784.jpg.037901c2f80cd145cdc45f8a35b2c247.jpg</div>

Winchester Lake. It was raining cats 'n dogs. I sat here at the edge of the lake for about half an hour, and was ready to leave when the rain just quit. I hopped out of my rig and took a quick shot, got back in, and it started back with the rain again. We get a bit'o rain here.<div>00Cn0W-24516384.jpg.1d54fbd9e579c5081678e6777ab20b51.jpg</div>

I agree, the last shot displays quite dark. It is rather dark in print, but not black in the trees, as it shows up here. So much for the dark sky-rainy day-mood shot. The Salmon River print shows detail in the dark areas, which have gone to black here, too.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm no whiz with a $75 scanner, (or a $300 one, for that matter). Nothing I've ever put on the web looks like the real thing, to me.

Thanks for the comments, all.

Ahhh, waking up to find this post of yours, Dean, and it appears you gave the Shurflash a very nice tour of Idaho. Wunderbar!

Now, the camera has been stuck in California for some weeks now. Am hoping our California partner gets it out of the hole and on the road again soon, but I am not getting any response to my last e-mail about same.

Anybody in California willing to do a S&R mission if needed?

Great stuff, Dean.