One Eyeland Book

<p>Good evening,<br>

A couple of days ago, I received an email notice from One Eyeland, that 4 of my photos which are hosted on the site of One Eyeland (I have a non-premium account) are pre-selected for publishing in the next One Eyeland Book Vol3. Only if I want them published, I would have to pay 440 USD per photo. One Eyeland claims that this book is a very valuable tool "to promote the most talented photographers from the world over." And that "the Book is printed on par with world standards, sourcing the finest inks & paper." And "The Book is given to 500 advertising & creative agencies across the earth, free of cost".<br>

I must admit that I am a rather sceptical person, and don' t know what exactly to expect, moreover since I am most oriented towards nature, travel and wildlife photography, and not so much towards advertising photography. I know good publicity is important and does not come cheap, but is this worth it ? I did some searches but could not find any reviews or comments or appreciation of this initiative.<br>

Does anyone here on Photo.net have any experience with One Eyeland and participation in publication of the Books vol 1 or 2, and if so, how did that help in marketing your photobusiness ?<br>

Your reaction would be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>I know nothing about this company but the "we'll put you I our book and your career will be made" pitch goes back at least to the 1950s.<br>

In my opinion it looks like another con. Do you know anybody at any of those "500 advertising and creative agencies across the earth"? If so call 'em and see if they ever heard of the books. Are these "creative" people so backward they can't utilize the Internet? I seriously doubt they would waste their time with a book when the Internet is there, free, doesn't clog up their shelves and has millions of images to look at.<br>

In my opinion there are a lot of rotten people in this world just itching to take advantage of people. I cruised their website and I can't even figure out what they do.<br>

Are you any relation to Lady De Winter, famously portrayed by Lana Turner in the flickers?</p>

<i>One Eyeland claims that this book is a very valuable tool "to promote the most talented photographers from the world over."</i><P>

It's infinitely more valuable as a tool to enrich One Eyeland than as a tool to promote you as a photographer. Spending the $440 on lottery tickets will provide a much higher expected return.

<p>Thanks so much, you all confirmed my suspicions. It's good to have some critical notes on this kind of initiatives, I guess, because I really wonder who as a photographer would accept a proposal like this.<br>

@Wayne, no, I am not related to Lady DW nor Lana T ;)</p>