On the Ricoh GR21 what is the little metal bit on the side of the lens for?

Discussion in 'Modern Film Cameras' started by 10986431, May 10, 2020.

  1. Hi all

    Was just curious to know what this little metal thing is on the side of the Ricoh GR21, you can push it in a bit. Its situated near a tiny screw as can be seen in the photo below. I was hoping it was a way to gain access inside the lens as I think I have a slight haze issue maybe? I'd love to get this serviced but have no idea who can do that, I'm based in New York but would send anywhere.

  2. Most likely something that would hold a lens accessory in place. Just a guess.
    10986431 likes this.
  3. Ah yes, that makes sense
  4. Silent Street

    Silent Street Silent Street Photography AUS

    Lens hood clip point.

Share This Page