Om4 viewfinder question

grantharris

Have an OM4 in great condition, however I have just noticed that if I move my eye slightly then the lcd display is only clear in one side or the other. I.e. there seems to be a very narrow field of view where it is sharp all the way across. Have never really noticed it before until someone pointed it out to me, now I can’t stop seeing it.

Is this normal for an OM4 display?

Have an OM4 in great condition, however I have just noticed that if I move my eye slightly then the lcd display is only clear in one side or the other. I.e. there seems to be a very narrow field of view where it is sharp all the way across. Have never really noticed it before until someone pointed it out to me, now I can’t stop seeing it.

Is this normal for an OM4 display?

I also have an OM4 in excellent condition and I wear glasses when using it. I can see all of the lcd display when moving my eye from left to right slightly and, without my glasses, can move even further to left or right and still see all of the lcd display. Changing the lens doesn't make any difference that is noticeable. Hope this is of some help.

• 3 weeks later...
It is not unusual for the epoxy holding one or both of the moving lenses in the adjustable eyepiece to become "soft", allowing the element(s) to come loose on one side. If this is the problem, it would require removal of the top, disassembly of the eyepiece, removal and replacement of the failed epoxy, and reassembly. This is risky work -- the plastic frames that hold the moving eyepiece elements are rather delicate, and move within a very confined space.