OM-2 SP Broken? :(

andre_custodio

<p>Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to photography but am looking forward to becoming a full part of the photography world. However I'm not able to at the moment as my OM-2 has jammed.</p>

<p>I received it just the other day, (been using a Pentax K1000 and Zenit E) and just to test it, without film I advanced and fired the shutter until it got to the end. I then pressed the rewind release button but now everything's jammed. The shutter wont fire, the advance lever won't move and the R button is pressed and won't come back up. I'm not sure why it's done this, I'm thinking it's something I done but I don't know what. Anyone experienced anything similar? Any help would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>Many Thanks</p>

<p>Sorry I'm a bit new to this, the small window at the side which has the exposure count is on S which I believe is start. I'm not sure what it got to the end of then, I didn't have any film in. I've tried it in manual B mode, it still doesn't fire. The batteries I think are fine as on the SP model (not sure if yours has it) there is a battery check mode and it says if the red light is steady then the batteries are fine, and mine is doing exactly that. I have read other threads though and the batteries being flat seems to be a common theme.</p>

• 2 weeks later...