Olympus XA2 Exposure issue?

longname

<p>Hello all!<br>

I bought an Olympus XA2 for insanely cheap at a local thrift store with the A11 flash attachment. Replaced the batteries with A76 buttons, the same kind as I found in the camera.</p>

<p>My issue: I ran a roll of expired Fujicolor 400 speed film through it. The indoor shots with flash came out seemingly properly exposed, but my outdoor shots without the flash attached came out looking underexposed. I know the XA2 has a center-weighted meter and there was snow and it was hazy with some sun poking through. Could this be the issue? It was just confused by the conditions?</p>

<p>The temp was cold and windy too so it could have been getting close(but not at) the low end of the recommended use range. Could the shutter just have been slowed down from the temp?</p>

<p>Including indoor and outdoor shot example.</p>

<p>Would appreciate any info on my issue, or any user tips and tricks for working with this camera. I really love this camera even though I've only run a roll through it!<br>

Thanks!<br>

Al</p><div>00SYaf-111335684.JPG.e7874f4e43cfa34ae34ffec929611a9a.JPG</div>

<p> The meter was fooled by the brightness of the snow. The solution is to add +2 stops of exposure. <br>

I don't think the XA2 +1.5 exposure backlight lever at the bottom of the body. Go into the ISO setting dial in the front, around the lens, and move the tab to 1/4 the real ISO of the film (2 stops), which will add +2 stops of exposure. Your pictures will turn out perfectly. For backlit (non snow, or water reflecting the sun), you can lower the ISO by 1.5 stops and/or use the flash.</p>

<p>Be sure to return the ISO to normal after photographing in the snow, or you'll overexpose everything else!</p>

<p>Great little camera, btw.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks for the info Luis G!<br>

I figured that was the reason for all the clicks on the film speed settings. Give some manual control what with everything else being automatic. I think it is an awesome camera, I love the look of the pics it's given me. I just have to familiarize myself with setting the focus zones and the exposure compensation.</p>

<p>Thanks again Luis!</p>

• 2 weeks later...