Olympus XA light seals

<p>Assume nothing. Examine it. I've never replaced those on the XA, but have on many of my other cameras. The job was pretty easy. Clean out the area needing replacement...I usually use lighter fluid (naptha) and a q-tip and toothpick. Cut a replacement and attach. I use a variety or materials for replacement depending on the thickness needed...self stick felt from Hobby Lobby, occasionally foam for certain bodies, and sometimes black string (from knitting skeins) for edge rails. Some people like to use the felt seals from old 35mm cartridges...I have some, but never tried it.</p>

<p>Looking at my XA, the light seals are on the door where it's relatively easy to get at them (instead of in channels on the body). As usual the important seal is the one at the hinge: most of the other edges penetrate fully into channels and the light seal is mostly redundant. My hinge seal is in pretty good condition but the other seals have a different consistency. It was probably replaced and the other seals ignored. I haven't noticed any light leaks. My conclusion is that you probably don't need a kit if you already have self-adhesive light seal sheet. Just cut yourself a rectangle about 40-42mm long by maybe 4-6mm wide and notch it to go around the cutout for the strap attachment and that should be most of what you need.</p>