Olympus Studio 2 raw converter

hugh_croft

If I double click on an .orf file, it is opened in an editing window which has two tabs, one for raw, and one for

edit functions. If I click on the raw button at the top of the screen the image opens in an edit window which

only has the raw controls. Why are there two methods? What's the difference?

The only way to convert the RAW file to a useable JPEG or TIFF file and use the tools that allow you to change settings and retain all the file information to is to use the RAW processing tab. That's the only place where you'll see options like the white balance adjustments and the in-camera settings in the basic tab 2 where you can adjust the camera settings applied, like sharpening, contrast, the noise filter, etc.. Those things you will not see in the main edit window...only in the RAW processor.

The only type files you should be editing when you double-click and open a file up in the edit box are either JPEG or TIFF files.

If I double-click on a RAW file from the Browse window, it opens up the file in the edit window, If I then double-click again with the RAW file opened in the edit box, the system reverts back to the browse window.

The only way you can actually edit a RAW file and then convert it is to click on the RAW option in the tool bar.