Olympus OM10 Flash Options?

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by alphacannybody, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Recently just purchased an Olympus T32 for my OM10 but it's a tad heavy and I constantly worry that the hotshoe is gonna break off with that weight, so I'm looking for a lighter and more ergonomically friendly flash, any suggestions?

2. The obvious answer is the Olympus T20. Or mount the T32 on a flash bracket.

3. was looking for something more like a sunpak or vivitar 2000, something that is shaped like that

4. If you like the Vivitar 2000 just use it. It doesn't automatically set the shutter speed to x sync speed, no ready light in viewfinder and correct exposure in viewfinder but it would work just fine. I believe the OM-10 has permanent hot shoe and not removable like the OM-1 and OM-2 so it's much stronger. I wouldn't worry about the T32 breaking the hot shoe.

5. Wait. If Vivi 2000 doesn't automatically set a shutter speed to X value and let's say OM-10 doesn't have a manual adapter, then how is the user supposed to make it fire at 1/60 speed?

6. Set the dial to manual adapter. If there is no manual adapter attached the shutter speed is 1/60.

mikheilrokva likes this.