olympus OM lenses adapter

esmuz_.

Hi, I recently obtained a bargain olympus zuiko 50mm f1.2 lens wich is amazing..

and I was wondering If I could use it with my nikon d50.. I know I won?t be able

to focus to infinity..

I am not able to find the adaptor on the net..

chhers

Edu

if it is the later multicoated lens that i have seen being used then you have a cracking lens with wonderful potential. i have seen various chine sellers offer adaptors that would allow for om zuiko lenses to be used on canon eos dslr bodies but not too sure if they would work on nikon. if all else fails pick up a cheap om film body from ebay and use it that way.

Thank you guys.. i?ve got an olympus om-10 and om-2n bodies comming home from ebay?s land.. I?ll use it with them with no doubt.. I love film.. but It could be great being able to use it with the DSLR..

I can?t figure out why there are some m42 adapters for nikon, but there are none for olympus or pentax lenses..

I suspect it may be to do with the layout of the bayonets. I suspect the Olympus bayonet just won't fit inside the Nikon one. Any adapter ring would have to be much thicker to allow the Oly bayonet to sit completely outside the Nikon mount. This would reduce the maximum focus distance so much that comparatively few people would be interested, so there's no market.

On the other hand, the OM bodies are so lovely that I wouldn't get too stressed about it...

Like Lester said... the Olympus OM mount has a similar film registration distance to the Nikon (46.00 vs 46.50), so the Olympus bayonet would have to fit inside the Nikon mount if you wanted infinity focus.

<p>

<a href="http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm">http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm</a>

<p>

This might be possible on the Canon EOS, because the EOS has a larger diameter mount. M42 is a smaller diameter mount than EOS or Nikon F, so it can fit inside several others (including EOS and Pentax's own K mount of course).

<p>

The DSLRs that offer the most lens mounting options would appear to be Canon EOS (due to large diameter mount) and Olympus 4/3 (short registration distance allows lens/adapter to mounted in front of the 4/3 mount).

In fact Olympus does sell such an adapter. I don't own an Olympus DSLR but I do have a 50mm f1.4 lens attached to an OM-1. Considered going with Olympus but decided on Nikon instead as I have a negligible investment in glass since earlier.